When thinking about pancakes, one of the first things that comes to mind, as a cook, is how much of a mess those can make in a kitchen! Flour everywhere, sticky drippings all over the counter and stovetop…
Yup, pancakes are messy!
But what if I told you I found a way to make delicious, no-flour, low-carb, Paleo pancakes in under 5 minutes, without the usual mess that comes with it?
Interested? Have I piqued your curiosity?
Knew it. :)[adsense]
This has to be one of the easiest, most delicious breakfast ideas ever. Seriously. Those pancakes are made out of only two ingredients, and the chocolate syrup is also very simple. I made the whole thing (pancakes + syrup) in under 12 minutes!
Also, who doesn’t like chocolate and bananas right?
- 4 Bananas
- 8 Eggs
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Syrup:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional Topping:
- 3-4 bananas (Or any fruit you like!)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork until smooth, then add in the eggs and stir vigorously to create the batter
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in your skillet then pour some batter, about 1/3 cup for each pancake, cook until golden brown
- Repeat step 3 until you have cooked all your batter
- Chocolate Syrup: In a small saucepan, gently melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add in the cocoa powder, honey and vanilla extract then stir until well blended
- Slice some more bananas for topping. Voila!