These almond flour & peanut butter protein cookies are my new addiction. Made with only 6 simple ingredients and one bowl, these quick and easy cookies can be whipped up and baked under 20 minutes. Naturally sweetened with coconut sugar, these contain 11 grams of protein per cookie and are entirely gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, flourless, grain-free and can easily be made egg-free and vegan by simply replacing the eggs with flax eggs. But their biggest perk? They are soooo tasty!
It comes a time in your life when you get bored of eating protein bars 3 times a day. And when I say bored… I mean BORED! Oh how refreshing those peanut butter protein cookies are…
Huge perk: these taste just like those peanut butter cookies my mother used to bake when I was a kid.
You know that recipe behind the peanut butter jar? Yup. Those ones.
Extra-huge perk: These almond flour & peanut butter protein cookies are 100% healthy, gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, flourless, grain-free and can easily be made egg-free and vegan by simply replacing the eggs with flax eggs. Well, you get the picture… [adsense]
There is absolutely no guilt in eating those. None.
Almond Flour & Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
With a whooping 11 grams of protein per cookie, these little bad boys have no reason to be shy. I’d have em over their protein bar cousins any day now.
How to store them?
First, leave them on the counter overnight on a cooling rack. This will allow them to dry and get the perfect, crunchy texture. Then, store them in a sealed container on the counter. They can stay like that for several days.
You may also freeze them. What I usually do is I wrap them up in packs of 2 or 3 and then throw them in my lunch box when needed.
More Recipes Like This One:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or 3 tbsp Erythritol for low carb version)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (2 scoops)**
- Optional: Top with 2 ounces white chocolate chunks*** or 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix gently.
- Scoop about 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) of cookie dough and roll it into a ball with your hands.
- Flatten the ball on your baking sheet using your hand or a fork.
- Top with optional toppings if desired.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
**Use plant-based for the vegan version
***Use vegan/paleo white chocolate, according to your diet
Nutrition information is a rough estimate without any additional toppings.