Replacing pitas, tortillas or bread with vegetables like lettuce, celery or cucumber is a very cool idea. It is fresh, tastier and much more healthy! If you are following a low-carb diet, or simply want to cut the calories, it is definitely the way to go.
This recipe is full of superfoods filled with essential vitamins to boost your metabolism in the morning. I spiced the eggs up with chilli powder for a Mexican kick but you could use any flavor profile you like, or simply butter and salt, its your choice, really.
Spinach and tomatoes are both powerful anti-cancer foods, I always make sure I eat a good amount of both every day of the week. Your body can never have enough leafy greens and this recipe is a nice way to boost your intake of those needed vegetables.
In this recipe I use strong cheddar cheese, but again, feel free to replace it with your cheese of choice, as long as you are using real cheese for maximum health benefits.
Common American cheese isn’t cheese anymore, it is made from a blend of milk substances, milk fats and solids and whey protein. Real cheese is full of good fats and is super healthy, American cheese, not so much…
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 slices of strong cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the onion and bell pepper in olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with tomato,
- Pour the mix
inthe pan and stir for 5 more minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Lay the cheddar cheese slices over the lettuce leaves.
- Cover with the scrambled eggs mix.