This is not a traditional Mexican recipe. I created this recipe using various traditional Mexican ingredients thought: Corn, Cilantro, Mexican spices… I love the spicy/sweet touch of this warm salad, I just can’t stop myself at one bowl!
It is easy and quick to prepare which makes it the perfect salad for lunch. On the nutrition side, please forget all that you’ve heard about sweet corn. The vast majority of sweet corn planted in the US isn’t GMO.
Also, sweet corn won’t make you fat, it is actually quite the opposite. An ear of corn contains roughly the same amount of calories as an apple, and is full of nutrients essential to your body.
You will also be happy to know that sweet corn is a powerful antioxidant which helps prevent cancer and heart diseases! So stop refraining yourself from eating sweet corn, it is healthy for you.
Cilantro is also rich in antioxidants and fibers, which further helps reduce risks of various types of cancer. So if you’re trying to stay lean and care about your health, this is the perfect salad, give it a go!
- 2 cups frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped cooked Chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cilantro to taste
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Sauté all of the ingredients, except the cilantro, for 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the sauteed ingredients to a bowl, wait 4-5
minutes ,then top with cilantro.
- Serve Warm.
- (It is parsley on the picture, I didn’t have cilantro on hand when the picture was taken)