Last weekend, we had 10 guests at home for breakfast. I needed a quick and easy way to cook eggs for everybody. The obvious choice was scrambled eggs, but I didn’t want them to be boring.
I had lots of ingredients available on hand, but I didn’t want to cook an omelet, I just wanted to add a subtle twist to my scrambled eggs and…
Oh My Gosh
What a success!
Green onion and fresh basil complement the taste of eggs sooo well. This recipe is super easy, it is the perfect recipe for a brunch or simply a quick and savory breakfast.
Serve with your favorite toasted whole wheat bread, a few slices of cheese on the side and you’re good to go.
Plus basil doesn’t simply tastes good, it is also very healthy! It contains high concentrations of multiple essential vitamins like vitamin K, it has anti-bacterial properties, anti-inflammatory effects and prevents heart disease.
As for green onion, it is also rich in various vitamins, mostly vitamin K and C. It is good for bone and eye health and also prevents heart diseases.
Don’t worry about the amount of cholesterol contained in the egg yolk, as recent studies have shown that it is, in fact, good cholesterol that your body needs. So, unless you have health issues and your doctor tells you otherwise, you can eat more eggs than previous studies had already shown in the past.
It is the perfect power-food combination to kickstart your day!
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in the basil, green onion and milk then whisk.
- Melt butter in a large pan over low heat.
- Salt the pan to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture and slowly cook making circular movements from the outside of the pan to the center.
- Don’t cook the eggs dry, remove from heat when desired consistency is attained.
- (You want your eggs to still be a little bit moist for the full flavor).
Here is a quick video showing how to properly cook scrambled eggs: