I’m always trying to find new delicious ways to increase my superfood daily intake. One meal in particular that I’ve found difficult to do so is breakfast.[adsense]
There aren’t many ways to cook/eat most superfoods and I just don’t like greeting my mouth with an earthy spinach taste first thing in the morning. So today I came up with this simple recipe.
It combines the savory taste of avocado, which gives a creamy and rich taste to the recipe, with a good tomato-spinach kick. I don’t bake avocados often, but I have found that they are actually the perfect healthy fat for various muffin recipes.
Avocados, spinach, tomato and basil are all very powerful superfoods, and they taste so good together. The beauty of this recipe is that you can prepare a batch of these for the week and eat 1 or 2 every morning.
You should feel a good boost in your energy levels every morning and by the end of the week you will not want to start your day with anything else than this type of recipe.
The sheer amount of nutrients provided by this recipe every morning will bring you to another level, it is just too good of a feeling to pass on.
With so much goodness packed in a small muffin, you will be sure to start your day with a cranked-up metabolism, ready for anything life throws at you.
As you probably already know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The reason to that is simple: Your body hasn’t been fed for several hours and is in desperate need of nutrients.
So providing your body with such high-quality fuel first thing in the morning is a sound plan, as it will assimilate the nutrients quickly and wake you up faster than caffeine.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup chopped spinach leaves
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella for mixture
- 1/2 Cup mozzarella on top
- Preheat oven
at350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (with 1/2 cup mozzarella), combine gently.
- Grease a muffin tray with soft butter.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tray.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Cook until the cheese turns golden brown and until a toothpick comes out clean.