These delicious tahini protein balls, while being made of 100% real food ingredients, are also entirely paleo and gluten-free. They are raw, naturally sweetened with dates and very healthy.
Tahini Energy Balls!
Oh, how handy are those little quick snacks for the busy crowd.
My spouse, like a lot of people, has a very busy schedule. And like most workers in her situation, she has developed the very bad habit of skipping lunch. Because of that, she used to find herself eating unhealthy snacks throughout the day, instead of eating a proper meal.
That kind of behavior will obviously leave her with very low energy levels… and overall feeling like crap for the rest of the day.
So now when she tells me she is going to have a particularly straining week at work, healthy snacks like these paleo tahini balls really come in handy.
What is also great about this recipe is that it is quick and easy to prepare, as it only requires 15 minutes of your time, 5 ingredients, a food processor and 1 bowl. These tahini dessert balls are tasty to boot, paleo, dairy-free, egg-free and they can easily be made vegan by replacing honey.
What do they taste like?
Well, these strangely take me back to my childhood. Remember those small crackers made of honey and sesame seeds?[adsense]
Oh how I loved those.
Except that my bliss ball version is much healthier 😉
On a side note, did you know that honey is the only food on earth that doesn’t spoil? Crazy, right?!
In fact, on the course of time honey will crystallize, BUT it is still perfectly edible, even after many, many years!
Quick tip: If your honey happens to solidify, simply place the jar in hot water for a few minutes and it will quickly return to its liquid form! (caution: remove the lid, as some pressure could build up inside the jar because of the heat).
Final note… do you have children? Well if you do, you should be glad to hear that this recipe is 100% toddler approved. My little baby girl literally devoured those like it was the best thing on the planet!
Trust me, those nutritious tahini energy balls are the perfect solution to picky eaters. 😉
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons honey (Or maple syrup for vegan version)
- 2 scoops* vanilla protein powder (Organic, plant-based)
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (Optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and process into a fine flour.
- Using your hands, shape all of the mixture into balls (size: about 1 inch).
* If you are watching your sodium intake you can skip the salt as it is optional.
* For a vegan / low-carb option, replace honey with monk fruit powder.
* Add 1 teaspoon chia seeds for even more nutrients and omega-3.
* Use the scoop provided with your particular product