This Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs Meal Prep recipe is a quick and easy way to prepare a week’s worth of delicious and healthy lunches in no time at all!
Hey there! It’s been a good while since I’ve posted my last recipe. Last November I think?
I’ve really missed working on the blog and so glad I am finally back!
A Very Healthy Chicken Meal Prep Recipe!
This recipe is 100% gluten-free as usual and made made using the best possible ingredients to make sure you hit your macros without having to eat a boring meal!
Made in about 30 minutes (give or take), this tasty meal prep was created with simplicity in mind. Fuss-free. Guaranteed!
Chicken Meal Prep Ingredients
- Boneless Chicken Thighs: You could also use 4 chicken breasts instead of 8 chicken thighs if you’d like.
- Tamari Sauce: Or soy sauce if you prefer (soy sauce is NOT gluten-free).
- Honey: You could use maple syrup or any other kind of sticky sweetener if you’d like.
- Garlic Powder: Or fresh garlic. Use 2-4 cloves.
- Sesame Oil: Again, may be replaced if you are allergic or simply don’t enjoy the taste. Any type of oil will do.
How to Make this Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs Meal Prep
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and stir the boneless chicken thighs in. (Can be marinated overnight)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400F.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice and portion the cooked rice and coleslaw salad into your meal prepping bowls.
- Make the salad and portion it into the containers as shown in the pictures.
Tips and Suggestions
- Replace the coleslaw with your favorite cooked vegetables like broccoli, carrots, edamame, or green beans.
- Remove the lime wedges before microwaving.
- Any type of rice will do, I just prefer Jasmin.
- You could replace the rice with quinoa, or with more salad for a low-carb version!
More Meal Preps
- Chicken Teriyaki Meal Prep
- Small Quiches Meal Prep
- Mexican Rice Bowls
- Burrito Bowls
- Low-Carb Salmon Patties
- Low-Carb Egg-Roll in a Bowl
Have you tried this Baked Honey Chicken Thighs Recipe yet? Let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment & rating below! Don’t forget to Follow Me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more delicious recipes. I also LOVE seeing your creations, take a pic and Tag @onecleverchef on Instagram!
***CLICK BELOW TO PIN FOR LATER!***
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs Meal Prep
Easy to make and super tasty, this chicken meal prep is what you need to include on your Sunday afternoon prepping routine!
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice Or any type of rice
Preheat oven to 400F
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Coat the thighs in sauce. Stir all the ingredients from the "chicken thighs" section together (except for the chicken thighs) in a large bowl. Add in the chicken thighs and gently stir until well coated. Optional: Marinate overnight.
Bake. Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until 165F internal temp.
Cook the rice according to package instructions.
Make the Salad. Stir the liquid ingredients from the Salad section together in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Gently stir in the bag of coleslaw.
Portion the rice, salad, and chicken thighs evenly in the meal prep bowls. Let the rice and chicken thighs cool off for a few minutes before doing so.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
You may use a different amount of rice, depending on your appetite or macros/goal.