These gluten-free and no-bake Cookie Dough Protein Bars are made with nothing but the best, healthiest ingredients. This high-protein snack is the perfect reward after a hard workout, or for breakfast, I don’t judge. Treat yourself, without the guilt!
If you’re looking for a high-protein recipe that’s going to keep you full until noon, that IS the one.
I mean, there’s whey protein powder, hazelnut, almond flour, and peanut butter in there. Can you say protein-packed?
Have them on-the-go for breakfast or as a post-workout treat or even for dinner, I don’t judge!
How to Make Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Line a banana bread pan with parchment paper.
- Place almond flour, whey protein powder (For this recipe, I am using Earth Nutri’s Vanilla Whey Protein Powder Use my Code CleverChef20 to receive 20% off on your purchase), chopped hazelnuts, mashed banana, chocolate chips, and milk (any type) in a large mixing bowl mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into your lined banana bread pan. Place in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and milk in a small saucepan.
- Take the pan out of the fridge and pour the melted chocolate mixture on top of the base.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before cutting into bars.
Ways you Could Modify this Recipe
- You could replace hazelnuts with any type of nuts. I used them because I like the Ferrero Rocher / Nutella twist that they give this recipe. In fact, I almost named those bars “Ferrero Rocher Protein Bars”, but they also taste a lot like cookie dough, crunchy, delicious cookie dough.
- You cut the base into bars and dip them into melted chocolate. It would take a bit longer, but that would make them shelf stable.
- Can I use plant-based protein powder? Plant-based protein powder absorbs much more moisture, so I do not recommend it.
Which Protein Powder did You Use?
For this recipe, I used Earth Nutri’s Vanilla Whey Protein Powder, which I totally recommend. Use my Code CleverChef20 to receive 20% off your order.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment & rating below! Don’t forget to Follow Me on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for more delicious recipes. I also LOVE seeing your creations, take a pic and Tag @onecleverchef on Instagram!
Cookie Dough Protein Bars
These cookie dough protein bars are the perfect post-workout treat. Made with the best, healthiest ingredients, these no-bake bars might as well become your go to recipe for quick protein snacks!
Line a banana bread pan with parchment paper (or a 10X10 baking pan).
Mix 2 cups almond flour, 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder, 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, 1/4 cup mashed banana, 1/3 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup almond milk in a large mixing bowl until well incorporated.
Press the mixture into your baking pan. Transfer to the freezer.
Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips, 1/4 cup natural smooth peanut butter, and 4 tbsp almond milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
Once the mixture is entirely liquid, take the pan out of the freezer and pour it over the base.
Freeze for at least 1 hour before cutting into 8-10 bars.
To be be kept either frozen or in the fridge.
Protein Powder Used: I use Earth Nutri’s Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. I love it because it is made with the best ingredients, It is low-carb, and tastes great. (Use my Code CleverChef20 to receive 20% off on your purchase)
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I use and trust!