These homemade blueberry protein bars are soft, chewy and moist. Ready in about 20 minutes, these delicious healthy bars are easy to prepare and only require one bowl and your hands to whip up. Perfect either as a post-workout snack or simply as a dessert, they are naturally sweetened, gluten-free, vegan and flourless!
Protein bars usually don’t hang around for too long on the counter around here. Especially when they are that good!
I absolutely loooove the texture of these bars. Super fudgy, they literally melt in your mouth. Plus they are 100% healthy!
Protein dose and antioxidant boost anyone?
Offering about 18 grams of protein per bar, good carbs and a dose of berries, these bars are perfect for breakfast or a mid-afternoon craving.
I always carry two or three bars like these in my lunchbox, it’s like an insurance policy for those occasions when I just CAN’T find the time to sit down and eat and start seeing RED.
Bring it on, busy schedule, I am ready.
Don’t talk to me when I’m eating one of those, I’m somewhere else.
With each bite there is a blueberry (which has been inflated and sweetened by the baking process) ready to explode as soon as you start chewing.
Healthy sweets like that all day long, please!
The taste is pretty close to a fluffy waffle topped with blueberries and maple syrup, except that you can wrap this particular “waffle” in plastic and carry it with you!
For this particular batch, I did not mix any blueberries in the dough, I only topped the bars with them.
But mashing and then mixing in half of the blueberries would be interesting to try!
Homemade Blueberry Protein Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking pan** with parchment paper.
- Pour all of the ingredients, except for the blueberries, in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Press the mixture evenly into your baking pan with your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
* For the vegan version, use plant-based vanilla protein powder. Use 1/4 cup coconut flour and 1/2 cup almond flour if doing so as this type of protein powder soaks much more moisture.
** I used a 10-inch square baking pan.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate without additional toppings.