This one is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. It is super quick to prepare, very healthy and… tasty to boot! I’ve recently discovered that I LOVE breakfast recipes made with fresh basil.
The combination of basil and eggs is so good, plus basil isn’t just a spice, it is a superfood full of essential nutrients to kick-start your day! Combine that with kale and green onion and you’ll have more than enough nutrients to boost your metabolism!
Also, did you know that eggs are now considered to be among the healthiest food around the globe? Yes! Eggs have recently risen from the ashes of their old reputation of cholesterol-ridden-don’t-eat-to-often-or-you’ll-die type of food to the pantheon of the superfoods.
Studies have shown that the cholesterol contained in eggs yolks was actually good cholesterol and that the egg whites contained a substance known to help reduce the bad cholesterol in the body.
My secret to the perfect frittata is the amount of time you leave the egg mixture on the stove to create a tasty browning crust on the bottom. You’ll notice that most frittata recipes skip this very important step.
Kale, Basil & Green Onion Vegetarian Frittata
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1-2 branches Fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 Green Onion Stalks chopped
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk your milk of choice
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in basil, bell pepper, green onion, milk, garlic, parmesan and 1/4 cup mozzarella then stir.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large oven-proof skillet and pour the ingredients in skillet.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes to create a thin brown layer on the bottom.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Leave a Reply