What’s better than eating a big bowl of chips in front of a good movie or your favorite TV show? Problem is, there is virtually NO healthy TV snack… Maybe for the exception of plain popcorn. But who likes no-salt, no-butter popcorn? Yup… nobody!
Recently thought, kale chips have become a very popular snack. Some people like them, some people don’t. The fact is, kale is one of the healthiest veggies on the planet.
A portion of kale will give you a high percentage of most of the nutrients you need in a DAY, and this recipe isn’t any harder to prepare than popcorn!
Kale chips, properly seasoned, taste just as good as potato chips, with the outstanding benefit of being, like I said, super healthy.
I’ve always loved lemon & black pepper kettle-cooked chips, those are my favorite, and I found that this seasoning fits perfectly with kale, either cooked or in a salad!
It is easy to overcook them thought, so you’ll have to watch them closely.
Lemon & Black Pepper Kale Chips
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Remove stems from the kale leaves.
- Cut the kale leaves the size of potato chips.
- Mix the kale with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and combine them properly.
- Place a wax paper sheet on a baking pan.
- Dispose the kale pieces evenly on the wax paper sheet.
- Place in the over for about 15 minutes, or until the kale pieces are crunchy like a potato chip.
- Start your favorite TV show and Enjoy! 😉