Chocolate has to be the most popular sugary treat in the world. The chocolate industry is worth billions of dollars, and chocolatey treats come in millions of different shapes and forms… The quality spectrum is very large, and most chocolate-derivated products are straight-up garbage…
They are sugar-filled and made out of BAD types of fat like palm oil, and I am not even talking about the various chemicals added to them.
Fortunately, there are a few quality products out there, and if you are searching for a good product to satisfy your chocolate cravings, there are a few options. You’ve probably already heard that Dark Chocolate (70% cacao or more) is a lot better for your health.
Well, you will be happy to hear that it is actually very healthy, as cacao is full of antioxidants and that this type of chocolate usually contains much less sugar. So buying dark chocolate from a reputable brand is probably your safest bet when you can’t fight the cravings… or…
You could make it yourself!
The most obvious benefit of making your own chocolate is that you know exactly what’s in there.
So I decided to give it a try and I found that, for a fraction of the price, you can create your own savory Dark Chocolate and it is… super easy!
Plus it tastes better than most chocolate you’ve ever bought, along with bringing you TONS of health benefits.
Wanna give it a try?
The recipe contains a good amount of butter, but don’t worry as butter is super healthy for you.
Here’s my recipe:
Raspberry Dark Chocolate Bark With Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup Melted Butter
- 1 cup Cacao Powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 cup Frozen Raspberries chopped
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Almond Slices Slightly Roasted and Chopped
- Fleur de sel
- Slightly roast the almond slices in a pan until they turn to a light brown color (about 5 minutes), remove from heat then chop them.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour the melted butter into a bowl then add cocoa, honey and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the raspberries and almond slices and combine gently.
- Lay a sheet of wax paper in a 10X4 inches tray (doesn’t have to be this exact size). Pour the mix on the sheet. Sprinkle some fleur de sel to taste.
- Place in the freezer for more than 2 hours.
- When completely frozen, flip over, remove the wax paper and cut the dark chocolate slab in delicious triangle chocolate barks using a long knife.