Oh how I love sweet potatoes. I’m damn serious, I just can’t get enough of it. The best thing about them is they are super healthy!
If you know a little about fitness and working out, well you already know that these little badboys are one of the top carb choices out there, on par with brown rice! Yup, that’s how good they are for your health.
Yup, that’s how good they are for your health.
Their glycemic index is very low and are full of essential nutrients. Plus, for this recipe I am leaving the skin on for even more healthy goodness.
Funny thing about this salad is I created it randomly on a busy tuesday evening coming back from work, really not knowing how it would turn out…
I was convinced at the first bite! It turns out the salad dressing added that bitter sweet taste that fits so well with sweet potato and the cranberries really sealed the deal here… Dellllicious!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Cranberries and Asparagus
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 jumbo sweet potatoes diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup asparagus cut into one inch long pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl, coat the sweet potato cubes evenly with 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Arrange the sweet potato cubes on the baking sheet and place in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until soft and golden brown
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in 1 tablespoon olive oil over low heat in a small saucepan for about 4 minutes, set aside
- Combine the ingredients for the salad dressing in a bowl
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and let sit for about 10 minutes on the counter
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir gently.