These Healthy, Vegetarian Small Quiches are made with an almond flour crust, making them 100% gluten-free, low-carb, keto and… guilt-free! Filled with superfoods and green veggies like avocado, tomato, and asparagus, they will give you that well-needed boost to kickstart your day!
I am partnering with Bob’s Red Mill for today’s recipe. All of the concepts, ideas, and visuals are my own.
Tired of your overnight oats meal prep? In need of a change for your breakfast prep routine? Would you prefer something savory instead of sweet this time?
If you’ve answered yes to any of those questions, then I’ve got you covered with this deliciously healthy vegetarian mini quiches meal prep. Made with tons of healthy veggies like asparagus, baby tomatoes, and avocado, these will help kickstart your metabolism in the morning!
How to Make these Vegetarian Tomato Asparagus Quiches
- Start by mixing all of the ingredients from the crust section (below) together in a large mixing bowl, then press the dough into 8 greased 3-inch tart molds. Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your ingredients: Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl, cut the vegetable and shred the cheese.
- Take the tart molds out of the oven and fill them with vegetables, cheese, then pour the egg mixture equally into each of them.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges start to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let sit for a few minutes before eating.
Can You Really Bake Avocado?
Yes! It is surprisingly good! If you aren’t sure about this though, you could still replace it with some diced bell pepper, onion, or anything else you’d like.
Can I make One Large Quiche Instead?
Yes, totally. The baking time will have to be increased by at least 5 to 10 minutes. Monitor closely.
Why You’ll Love These Small Vegetarian Quiches
- Perfect for Meal-Prep! You’ll have 8 breakfasts ready under an hour of prep. How awesome is that!?
- Super Healthy. Avocado, asparagus, tomatoes, eggs, almond flour… You really can’t go wrong with this recipe.
- Low-Carb + Keto! With only 10 grams of carbs and a whopping 33 grams of healthy fats per serving, these are perfect on a keto diet… All of this under 400 calories!
More Low-Carb Breakfast Preps
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment & rating below! Don’t forget to Follow Me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more delicious recipes. I also LOVE seeing your creations, take a pic and Tag @onecleverchef on Instagram!
***CLICK BELOW TO PIN FOR LATER!***
Tomato Asparagus Small Quiche Meal Prep
These Tomato Asparagus Mini Quiches are a dream of a meal prep recipe. Vegetarian, low-carb, keto, and super easy to make, these are a guaranteed Sunday afternoon regular!
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 2/3 cup baby tomatoes halved
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella shredded (or gruyere)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 350F
Grease 8 4-inch tart molds with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together 2 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, 1 large egg, 1/4 tsp sea salt. Press the dough evenly into the 8 tart molds. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
While the crusts are baking in the oven, beat 8 eggs in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Cut the vegetables and shredded the cheese.
Take the tart molds out of the oven and layer the vegetables and cheese, then pour the eggs equally into each mold.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let sit for a few minutes before eating or storing.
Store for up to a week in the fridge, and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Suggestion: use these 3-inch tart molds from amazon.