This delicious Vanilla Blueberry Protein Shake is super healthy, easy to make and perfect as a quick, on-the-go breakfast. It is choke-full of antioxidants, lean protein, clean fats, and good carbs. The avocado could be replaced with the same amount of oatmeal for a carb-packed pre-workout snack. Gluten-free, egg-free, and kid-friendly!
I am partnering with Pronativ for today’s recipe. All of the concepts, ideas, and visuals are my own.
I’ve just found my new favorite healthy drink. This thing tastes like blueberry pie guys. I just can’t get enough of it!
Perfect either as a quick breakfast, pre or post-workout drink or just as a means to hit your macros for the day, this protein shake will also provide you with a ton of nutrients and antioxidants.
How to Make Your Blueberry Protein Shake
This recipe is pretty straightforward.
1. Add almond milk, blueberries, ice cubes, avocado, vanilla extract, Pronativ vanilla whey protein powder, and granulated stevia to your blender container. Adding the dry ingredients at the end is important to make sure everything blends perfectly.
2. Blend until smooth. Avocado could be replaced with the same amount of oats for a carb-filled drink.
Can I make this Smoothie Recipe Ahead?
Sure! You could blend a few protein smoothies ahead of time and place them in mason jars. Like every smoothie recipe though, the solid ingredients will slowly separate from the liquids, so it is very important to shake your protein drink very well before drinking.
What Else Can I Add to My Protein Shake?
I love to add a scoop of the supplements I use for my workouts into my protein shakes. Good ideas would be to add either:
Some other cool options:
- Super Mushroom Powder like Lion’s Mane or Chaga
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
You could also replace the avocado with the same amount of oatmeal for a carbohydrate-filled option.
When is The Best Time to Drink my Protein Shake?
According to recent studies, consuming your protein shake anytime within 2 hours after your workout would be ideal. Consuming 20-30 grams of protein about an hour before a workout would also promote muscle growth.
Why I Think You’ll Love This Recipe
- Protein-Packed. This is an obvious one! Every protein shake will give you 28 grams of pure, healthy, lean protein.
- Filled with Antioxidants. With a full cup of blueberries with every serving, this drink is the perfect, easy way to increase your nutrients and antioxidants intake.
- Super Tasty! This protein shake tastes like blueberry pie! Not too overpowering, just perfect.
- Perfect Way to Start Your Day! As mentioned above, add your favorite supplements like creatine, glutamine, or beta-alanine. Or add some chia seeds, flax seeds, or super shrooms! (Lion’s mane, Chaga, etc.), to increase the nutritional value/handiness factor of this awesome drink!
Which Protein Powder Did You Use?
For this protein shake, I’ve used Pronativ’s Native Whey Protein Powder. According to Pronativ’s Website, their protein is: “Cold-filtered from farm-fresh milk and free of production residues, artificial ingredients, antibiotics, and GMOs.” It is also free of after-taste (which I can confirm!).
Pronativ’s Native whey protein powder is sold as part of the following products:
- Designer Whey Isolate Protein
- Cellucor IsoPro Grass-Fed Native Whey
- Rivalus Native Pro 100
- Kaizen Pure Native Isolate
More Protein Shakes
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment & rating below! Don’t forget to Follow Me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more delicious recipes. I also LOVE seeing your creations, take a pic and Tag @onecleverchef on Instagram!
***CLICK BELOW TO PIN FOR LATER!***
Vanilla Blueberry Protein Shake
This Vanilla Blueberry Whey Protein Shake is made using Pronativ's Native whey protein powder, which is made with 95% cold filtered farm-fresh milk.
Add 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup ice cubes, 1 cup frozen blueberries (fresh is OK, but your smoothie will be warmer), 1/4 cup avocado, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 scoop Pronativ vanilla whey protein powder, and 2 tbsp granulated stevia to your blender container (refer to recipe notes to see which blender I use!).
Blend until very smooth (30-45 seconds at full speed).
Serve Immediately. (Could also be stored in a mason jar, but don't forget to shake well before drinking!)
The blender I use for all of my recipes is The Vitamix.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I use and trust!