If like me, you’ve been following healthy-eating websites for a while, you already know how quickly coconut flour has become popular.
The reason is simple: it possesses a lot of nutritional benefits compared to other flours. It is gluten-free, grain-free, rich in dietary fiber and full of protein and healthy fats.
Cooking with coconut flour is not as easy as with other types of flours. It does not have the same texture and it does not stick together very well.
Pastries and bread baked with it will crumble more easily unless the mixture has been beaten very, very well.
I wasn’t very confident at first seeing that the flour had a grainier texture than regular wheat flour, but as you can see on the pictures, the end result is pretty… and very tasty as well!
Plus my kids gave it two thumbs up, so I can say that it is a complete success.
Its amazing taste along with its multiple nutritional benefits easily overcomes the slightly increased difficulty level!
This recipe is made out of 100% real foods and I used the healthiest ingredients possible. This is also a Paleo recipe, so if you are following this trend, then this recipe is for you.
Lemon Raspberry and Coconut Flour Muffins With Roasted Almonds
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- The Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds slightly roasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, honey, almond milk, lemon zest and lemon juice, gently beat the mixture using a hand-mixer.
- Add in the dry ingredients, beat until smooth.
- Optional: Chop the roasted sliced almonds.
- Add in the raspberries and roasted almonds then gently combine them into the mixture.
- Grease the muffin tray using your healthy fat of choice, I used butter.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, half the time for mini muffins.