These healthy, homemade Raspberry Bounty Protein Bars are sugar-free, made with real fruit, and so tasty you’ll want to hide them and keep them for yourself! Gluten-free, no-bake, egg-free, nut-free, and paleo! Both whey and vegan/dairy-free versions available.
This is not a sponsored post. All the ideas, images and opinions here are my own.
Both versions were very tasty, but damn, this one is special!
That delicious chewiness of a bounty bar with a strong, just-enough-sweet raspberry taste. Yum…!
For this particular recipe, I used Ultimate Nutrition’s Prostar RAW which was the perfect protein powder for this recipe. It is low-carb and low-fat, high-protein but also taste-free (which is great as I didn’t want them to taste vanilla-ish.)
Why I Think You’ll Love This Recipe!
- Super Healthy! This is literally one of the healthiest treats you’ll be able to make. Refined sugar-free, filled with natural, antioxidant-packed ingredients, and so, so good!
- Perfect Energy Bar. There are 6 grams of protein per bar, but these also contain 15 grams of good carbs and 27 grams of healthy fats. Grab 1-2 of these for a quick and massive energy boost!
- No-Bake. Summer is still in full swing and the less I turn-on the oven, the better! Plus these are to be kept in the fridge. I mean, who doesn’t like a chewy, fudgy, chocolatey fridge treat?
- Refined Sugar-Free. These are sweetened solely with erythritol and sugar-free chocolate chips (plus raspberries, of course).
When Should You Eat a Protein Bar?
As a general rule, it is said that you should eat a meal which is high in good quality carbs and protein at least 3 to 4 hours before a workout.
Moreover, you should be eating some protein (about 20 grams) 30 minutes before and right after a workout. So including one of these bars into your pre or post-workout snack routine is a good idea. (There are 6 grams of protein per bar, so you will need to eat it along with some other form of lean protein).
Some trainers also recommend eating about 50g dark chocolate (70%+) 15 minutes before a workout. Eating one of these bars a few minutes before your workout will give you a nice energy boost and some protein to sustain you during a hard workout.
I would call these a hybrid between an energy bar and a protein bar.
Chef’s Tips and Tricks
- Refrigerate. These should be kept in the refrigerator (for up to 7 days), as they are not stable at room temp. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- Strain the raspberry mixture. I’ve borrowed this very clever trick from Natalie at Feastingonfruit.com. You could leave the pulp and seeds from the raspberries in the recipe, but using a fine-mesh strainer to remove the solids gives these bars the perfect texture.
- Easier Alternative: Not feeling like dipping these in dark chocolate to make bars? No problem. Simply pour 1 cup dark chocolate on top of the frozen coconut slab, refrigerate for an hour and cut into bars.
Which Protein Powder did You Use?
- For the Whey version, I used, Ultimate Nutrition’s Prostar 100% Raw. It is low-carb, low-fat and entirely unflavored, which is perfect for this recipe.
- For the vegan version, I used Arbonne’s Vanilla Protein Shake Mix.
More Protein Bars
- Caramel Oatmeal Protein Bars
- Twix Protein Bars
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bars
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment & rating below! Don’t forget to Follow Me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for more delicious recipes. I also LOVE seeing your creations, take a pic and Tag @onecleverchef on Instagram!
***CLICK BELOW TO PIN FOR LATER!***
Raspberry Bounty Protein Bars
These raspberry bounty protein bars are made with the healthiest ingredients, naturally sweetened and perfect as a quick energy boost before your workout!
Base Ingredients (Whey Version)
Base Ingredients (Plant-Based Version) Same as Whey version except:
Line a banana bread pan with parchment paper.
Raspberry Mixture. Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil in the microwave (measured melted), for about 45 seconds. In a high-velocity blender or food processor, blend 1 cup raspberries with the 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil, until very smooth. Optional: Pour the raspberry mixture into a fine-mesh strainer, while placing a large mixing bowl underneath it, and brush the fruit into the strainer until there are little to no liquids left. (This will remove the seeds and other solid parts.)
Mix everything together. Add 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, 1/2 cup protein powder (the type of powder used will depend on your diet, refer to the ingredients section), and 1/4 cup erythritol, then stir until well combined. (Don't forget to add 1/2 cup almond milk if you are doing the vegan version)
Make the Slab. Press the mixture evenly into your lined baking pan. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen solid.
Cutting into Bars. Remove the pan from the freezer, then remove the slab from the pan using the parchment paper. (You can leave the slab on the counter for 10-15 minutes, it will be easier to cut into bars.) Cut the slab into 1-inch large bars.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Dip the Bars. Melt the 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips and 2 tbsp coconut oil over low heat, constantly stirring. Remove from heat as soon as melted. Using a fork, hold a bar over the liquid chocolate mixture, then using a ladle, pour some chocolate evenly on top of the bar until it is entirely coated. Place the bar on the lined baking sheet. Repeat for every bar, then place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 10 minutes. Optional: You can drizzle some more liquid chocolate on top of the bars as a decoration.
Store. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days (won't be stable at room temp). Or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition information was calculated using 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips + 1 tbsp coconut oil, as around 1/2 of the mixture “stuck” to the bars.
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I use and trust!